Monday, August 18, 2008

Twilight (another non-Japanese topic)


If you are into the the Stephenie Meyer books (_Twilight_, _New Moon_, _Eclipse_, and the newly released _Breaking Dawn_) I know you have seen, and wondered about this picture. Yes, it's a great Beauty and the Beast picture. Bella, our main character, is gorgeous, possibly to represent that whole forbidden fruit theme. Edward is a vampire, and positively deathly, and deadly, looking. This a bit of stretch from how the characters were written, but maybe it's to push the movie. Bella is your average high schooler, and while Edward is a pale vampire, he doesn't look like he's on Death's doorstep. But from surfing the web for other snippets from the movie, I think they generally look good and close to character, now only if they can act it. ::crossing fingers::

I'll probably like the movie either way, but I certainly don't like the Entertainment cover :(

The way in which this does apply to Japan is that Stephenie Meyer books are totally inaccessible! Erin, my neighbor and fellow Tampa girl-living-in-Japan, went to Tokyo last week, looked in the big bookstores, and still couldn't find any of the books!!! Luckily, my fabulous mother has sent me a copy of _Breaking Dawn_, and when the movie is released on dvd I'll buy it off some online site, cuz if the books aren't out, the movie probably won't be either.

Here is an idea of the time lapse: the movie P.S. I love You, staring hunky Scot Gerard Butler and Hilary Swank is currently available in the states on DVD. In Japan, the movie will be released to theaters on October 18th, 2008. Woo-hoo! I missed it in theaters back home, so I just need to wait another 2 months!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

he looks really creepy. i thought he was so posed to be hot?

Unknown said...

it was just for the promotional i think. He looks much better in the trailers.